It’s been a while since the last quiz, so I thought I’d do another one. Today’s topic, fittingly, is Mondays. Many songs have been written about Mondays. For a lot of people, Monday is the beginning of the work week, the end of that bliss known as the weekend, and some have been known to complain about how hard it is to get up for work on Monday morning. No one ever really sings about Wednesdays, possibly because it’s a little hard to rhyme, also because it’s hard to spell. So here’s the quiz. Post your results! Tell me what questions and answers I should have included but didn’t! I always like to hear about what you take away from the blog.
A. How was your Monday?
- Don’t talk to me. Just, don’t talk to me.
- I’ve had worse
- Are you kidding? I finally got away from the family, it was awesome!
- I love Mondays, I get to wear my purple Monday socks.
- Wait, it’s Monday?
B. True or False: Rainy days and Mondays always get you down.
- I like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain
- Monday, Monday, so good to me
- Are you sure it’s Monday? Crap!
C. Tell me why I don’t like Mondays
- Because the Boomtown Rats say so
- Three words: Six o’clock alarm
- One word: commute
- These are the days when you wish your bed was already made
- Sure, just let me hit the snooze button and I’ll be right with you
D. Worst Monday ever:
- Black Monday, October 28th, 1929, at the beginning of the Great Depression
- Black Monday, October 19th, 1987, the largest one-day percentage decline in recorded stock market history
- August 6, 1945, the bombing of Hiroshima
- Today (it’s gonna have to have been really awful to outdo Hiroshima)
- Next Monday
E. What is the best way to cure the Monday blues?
- Call in to work with the Monday morning flu–what do you mean, it’s not a real disease? I get it all the time!
- Designate Monday as Office Pajama Day. Oh, no, wait, just thought about colleagues in pajamas, scratch that…
- Three-martini lunch
- Share the pain. The best way to get over the blues is to give them to someone else
- The politician’s approach: wake up Tuesday and pretend the previous day never happened
That last response is my preferred method of dealing with all conflict. So what do you think? Why do Mondays suck so bad? It’s one of the eternal questions. I don’t know that we’ll ever find a satisfactory explanation. All we can do is keep our heads down and hope the rest of the week is better.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to make a Monday, Monday playlist in Itunes. I never really thought about it, but Mondays have an awesome soundtrack! What other playlist is going to have the Boomtown Rats next to Karen Carpenter?